Donating to the EHS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Other Humane Societies or SPCA's may have recently sent you literature in the mail asking for a donation. Please note that the Edmonton Humane Society is not affiliated with ANY other; not the Alberta SPCA, or the Canadian SPCA, or anybody! If you receive literature that does not have our name on it, then we are not linked to it at all.
Did you know . . .
It costs $6.6 million dollars to run the Edmonton Humane Shelter every year! Of that amount, almost 40% comes from donations from the public.
Charitable Number 11923-1066 RR0001
BMO Mastercard - use the card and BMO donates to the EHS
Donate your HBC reward points to the EHS - Please note that our Community ID# is 1862656. To find our community group, type that number in on the search screen.
Where does your tax deductible donation go?
- The Edmonton Humane Society takes in over 10,000 animals every year that would have no other place to go. No animal is given a time limit in the shelter.
- We’ve housed animals up to eight months until a new home was found!
- We provide information about behavior and training based on the most up-to-date, and innovative research from top professionals and universities in North America – available to the public!
- Animal Protection Officers investigate complaints about animal abuse from the public.
- Over 24,000 school children will be educated about responsible pet ownership this year alone.