Friends For Life Lottery
The 2014 Friends for Life Spring Lottery
Lottery License #373309.
Only 12,000 tickets printed.
Your support makes it possible to provide an exceptional standard of care for thousands of animals every year - nearly 13,000 in 2013. Your purchase ensures that our animals receive special attention including select diet, medication, surgery - even behavior evaluations and training. Every ticket purchased means another animal has a second chance at finding a new home. The FFL Spring Lottery features 38 cash prizes and great odds!
PrizesEarly Bird: $6,000 (April 16, 2014)32 prizes of $500 (May 30, 2014)5 prizes of $1,000 (May 30, 2014)Grand Prize: $15,000 (May 30, 2014)
Prize Structure and Schedule
Early Bird Sales: February 11, 2014
Early Bird Sales Cut Off : April 7, 2014
Early Bird Draw: April 16, 2014
Final Sales: April 8, 2014
Final Sales Cut Off: May 21, 2014
Final Draw: May 30, 2014
Rules & Regulations
- Raffle tickets shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- All draws will take place on the property of the Edmonton Humane Society at 13620 163 St NW Edmonton Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and drawn individually in prize order from lowest value to highest value (excluding Early Bird prize). After each stub is drawn and the winner’s information recorded, it will be placed back into the drum for the next draw.
- Board members - or members of their households - of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees - or members of their households - categorized as “Management” within the Human Resource policies of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees - or members of their households - in the Fund Development or Accounting departments of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- To be eligible for the Early Bird Draw, payment must be received on or before April 7, 2014. To be eligible for all other draws, payment must be received on or before May 21, 2014.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If winners cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If the winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to AGLC to have the prize awarded to the Edmonton Humane Society.
- All ticket sales are final.
- A list of winners will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The Early Bird draw for $6,000 will be drawn first on April 16, 2014. All other prizes will be drawn on May 30, 2014 beginning with the thirty-two (32) $500 prizes, then the four (4) $1,000 prizes, with the $15,000 Grand Prize being drawn last.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. The Edmonton Humane Society and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If all tickets are sold prior to April 7, 2014 all draws will be made on April 16, 2014 with AGLC approval.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of April 8, 2014, a draw date extension will be requested from AGLC.
Advertising sponsorship provided by:
Winners of the 2013 Friends for Life Fall Lottery
|Draw #||Winning Ticket #||Winner||Winning Amount|
|Early Bird||7680||Mary Kooyman||$5,000|
|2||7024||Joanne & Kim White||$500|
|23||5264||Allan & Margaret Bodnar||$500|
|26||9320||L. James Dempsey||$500|
|36||3967||Lawrence & Eileen Holowach||$1,000|