2014 Calendar Photo Contest
Contest Rules & Conditions
1. Photo Specifications: Any photo not meeting the following specifications will NOT be considered:
- Photo must be DIGITAL
- Photo must be IN COLOUR
- Photo must be a HORIZONTAL LAYOUT
- Photo must be CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY
- Photo must NOT CONTAIN PEOPLE
- Due to Edmonton Humane Society policy, photos showing pinch collars or choke collars will not be considered
- Animals placed in poses that may be perceived as dangerous or stressful will not be considered
- All submissions must be accompanied by the appropriate fee ($5 for each submission)
- Submission fee is non-refundable
- Maximum of 5 photo submissions per family
2. Photos cannot have appeared in a past year of the Edmonton Humane Society Calendar, any other calendar, or any profit-generating publication (ie. book). Professional photos will not be accepted as credits for photography cannot be displayed on the same page of the photo.
3. If you adopted your pet from the Edmonton Humane Society, please include a love letter - if possible (Max. 200 words, please)
4. Photos and letters will be not be returned. All photos and letters become the property of the Edmonton Humane Society and may be used in other Edmonton Humane Society publications, displays, promotional materials, website or education presentations. The Edmonton Humane Society reserves the right to edit for length and content.
5. Your entry gives the Edmonton Humane Society permission to print your family member's name(s) and pet's name(s) in the 2014 calendar as well as any other EHS web page or publication it is utilized in if your photo is chosen.
6. The Edmonton Humane Society reserves the right to refuse any photo.
7. Due to the large number of entries we receive each year, we cannot guarantee that your photo will be used.
8. Contest closes on March 30, 2013
9. Winners will be notified by letter and will receive one complimentary copy of the 2014 Calendar.
Good Luck and Happy Snapping!
- Keep it Horizontal: Our calendar is horizontal so it only makes sense to shoot a horizontal photo - especially if you want to make the cover
- Animals Are Cute... Furniture Isn't: Try to get more of your pet in the photo and less background "stuff"
- Crisp & Clean: Fuzzy animals please, not fuzzy photos
- Show Character: Often the best photos are candid shots and not the ones that are staged
- More Pixels: Digital cameras are great, but if the resolution isn't high enough we just can't use the photos
- Details is Great: The photos that make the best big month pictures are usually the ones that have lots of close up detail
1. Click link to pay submission fees.
* NOTE: You must provide a valid email address during the payment process in order to upload photos.
2. Receive email following payment with link to secure upload site.
3. Upload photos. Email provided on the upload form must match the email provided during payment.
Contest is now closed.
Please note the link above goes to the payment