Humane Education Virtual Presentations
Humane Education is great way to empower people of all ages by engaging them with programs that range from animal care & protection, environmental preservation, interpersonal relationship building, to human rights. We seek to provide educational opportunities and experiences that support the development of a strong community, passionate about animal welfare.
Supporting the health and wellness of animals and people, we are excited to offer the following virtual presentations to connect learners with the Edmonton Humane Society while respecting physical distancing.
Make some new fur-iends
…and inspire compassionate care for animals when you take part in programming offered by the Edmonton Humane Society.
- Lightening Fast Email Confirmation
- Link and Password for 30-Day access to view the presentation as many times as you want!
- Printable resource guide with information on our services, activities you can do at home, and our thanks
- BONUS: Some serious feel good vibes for supporting EHS and the work we do!
We proudly support teachers and home educators!
If you are an educator who would like to facilitate one of our programs with your class but are facing financial restrictions, please contact us today to discuss options: email@example.com
Pre-Recorded Virtual Presentations – $40.00 CAD
Who We Are, What We Do
- Program Focus: Discover what an animal shelter is and all that goes into operating the Edmonton Humane Society. We will talk about different animals that have been at EHS and how you can help animals both in the shelter and in your community. You’ll even get to come along on a virtual behind-the-scenes tour or our facility!
- Suitable Ages: All Ages – Recommended 5+
- Themes covered: The history of EHS, animals we care for, the different departments at EHS, and an introduction to the adoptions process.
- Run Time: Approximately 20 Minutes
- Program Focus: Learn about the basic needs of animals and be introduced the concepts of ‘The Five Domains’ and ‘The Five Freedoms’ of animal welfare. We’ll share what responsible ownership is and how to apply this knowledge when supporting the care of companion animals.
- Suitable Ages: All Ages – Recommended 8+
- Themes covered: Different types of pets, Basic Needs of Animals, Five Domains & Freedoms of Animal Welfare, Responsible Pet Ownership & Enrichment.
- Run Time: Approximately 20 minutes