What do I do if I find a stray cat or other companion animal?

You are here

You can bring stray cats and other stray companion animals directly to the City of Edmonton Animal Care and Control Centre at 13550 - 163 Street during operating hours. As with dogs, your safety is important. Use caution in approaching or handling any stray, particularly stray cats, as they may carry diseases and they may bite. We recommend you use an animal carrier or kennel to safely transport all animals. If you wish, you may obtain a humane cat trap from the City of Edmonton Animal Services Department.

Contact Animal Care and Control

In Edmonton, dial 311 
Outside of Edmonton, dial 780-442-5311