Friends for Life Lottery
You are here
Friends for Life Lottery
Your support makes it possible to provide an exceptional standard of care for thousands of animals every year. Your purchase ensures that our animals receive special attention including select diet, medication, surgery — even behavior evaluations and training. Every ticket purchased means another animal has a second chance at finding a new home.
- Raffle tickets shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- All draws will take place on the property of the Edmonton Humane Society at 13620 163 St NW Edmonton Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and drawn individually in prize order from lowest value to highest value (excluding Early Bird prize, drawn first). After each stub is drawn and the winner’s information recorded, it will be placed back into the drum for the next draw.
- Board members - or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner, parents, grandparents, siblings or adult children) - of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees - or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner, parents, grandparents, siblings or adult children) - categorized as “Management” within the Human Resource policies of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees - or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner, parents, grandparents, siblings or adult children) - in the Fund Development or Accounting departments of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- To be eligible for the Early Bird Draw, payment must be received on or before April 3, 2017 by11:59 p.m. To be eligible for all other draws, payment must be received on or before May 31, 2017 by 11:59 p.m..
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If winners cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If the winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to AGLC to have the prize awarded to the Edmonton Humane Society.
- All ticket sales are final.
- A list of winners will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The two (2) Early Bird draws for $6,000 will be drawn first on April 12, 2017. All other prizes will be drawn on June 9, 2017 beginning with the thirty-two (32) $500 prizes, then the six (6) $1,000 prizes, then the two (2) $2,500 prizes, with the $15,000 Grand Prize being drawn last.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. The Edmonton Humane Society and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If all tickets are sold prior to April 3, 2017 by11:59 p.m. all draws will be made on April 12, 2017 with AGLC approval.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. a draw date extension will be requested from AGLC.
Early Bird: 2 @ $6,000 (April 12, 2017)
32 @ $500 (June 9, 2017)
6 @ $1,000 (June 9, 2017)
2 @ $2,500 (June 9, 2017)
Grand Prize: $15,000 (June 9, 2017)
Prize Structure & Schedule
Public Early Bird Sales – February 9, 2017 - April 3, 2017
Early Bird Sales Cut Off – April 3, 2017
Early Bird Draw - April 12, 2017
Final Sales Cut Off – May 31, 2017
Final Draws – June 9, 2017