About Group Training Classes
Learn from experts in dog behaviour why fear, dominance or adversive training is not the best method to use when working with your dog.
***Dogs that display excessive barking/growling/lunging while on leash towards people or other dogs are not suitable for general training classes. If your dog typically displays any of these behaviours, please sign up for a private training session or Leash Reactivity 101.***
- Eight to ten dogs per class with one instructor.
- Dogs must have veterinary proof of current vaccinations: DHLPP and rabies. A canine cough vaccine is highly recommended. Titer tests will be accepted in place of vaccines. Puppies require a minimum of two sets of vaccines. (Puppies vaccinated by a breeder that is not a DVM will not be accepted.)
- A clicker and training with this important tool is included in each starter class.
- Dogs that have punctured another dog or human cannot take group classes until they have taken a private training session for assessment.
- Classes run one hour per week for six weeks unless otherwise indicated.
- Once registered, there are no refunds, transfers, or make-up classes for missed classes. You will be notified ahead of time if class dates need to be switched.
Take your obedience skills to the next level! Increase duration, distraction and distance, as well as adding new and more challenging skills.
Learn creative and challenging ways to tire your dog out while enhancing your bond in this fun class! We’ll introduce trick training, scent detection, agility, and other fun games.