About Group Training Classes
Learn from experts in dog behaviour why fear, dominance or adversive training is not the best method to use when working with your dog.
***Dogs that display excessive barking/growling/lunging while on leash towards people or other dogs are not suitable for general training classes. If your dog typically displays any of these behaviours, please sign up for a private training session or Leash Reactivity 101.***
- Eight to ten dogs per class with one instructor.
- Dogs must have veterinary proof of current vaccinations: DHLPP and rabies. A canine cough vaccine is highly recommended. Titer tests will be accepted in place of vaccines. Puppies require a minimum of two sets of vaccines. (Puppies vaccinated by a breeder that is not a DVM will not be accepted.)
- A clicker and training with this important tool is included in each starter class.
- Dogs that have punctured another dog or human cannot take group classes until they have taken a private training session for assessment.
- Classes run one hour per week for six weeks unless otherwise indicated.
- Once registered, there are no refunds, transfers, or make-up classes for missed classes. You will be notified ahead of time if class dates need to be switched.