Thank you for your interest in adopting from EHS!
We encourage you to spend considerable time thinking about and researching the type of pet most suitable to your family. Most breeds have their own characteristic traits and specific needs to consider. Remember that some animals have lifespans of 20 years or more.
Many things have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including our adoption process. These changes were made to ensure the health and safety of you, our staff and our greater community. All adoptions are done by appointment only and first submitting an online request. This updated process facilitates matching adopters with suitable pets while respecting physical distancing and limiting contact for the public and our staff.
IMPORTANT Details About Our Online Adoption Process:
- Adoptions will open online at 12 p.m. noon MDT Tuesdays through Sunday
- We accept a limited number requests per day, based on our available appointments
- If the adoption request form is already closed for the day, please check back at noon the next day
- Requests will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis in the order they are received.
- Adoption requests must be submitted online and cannot be done in-person at our shelter at this time.
- Entry to our shelter is currently restricted. Meet-and-greets will be scheduled by appointment as follows:
- Cats & Small Animals – virtual meet-and-greet
- Dogs – outdoor meet-and-greet, with mask wearing required
Now that you know these details, prepare for a smooth and safe adoption process by reviewing the steps below!