Provide support for thousands of animals & have a chance of taking home a little scratch for yourself.
Top 5 Reasons To Participate In The EHS Lottery!
Funds collected ensure that our animals receive special attention including select diet, medication, surgery — even behaviour evaluations and training. Every ticket purchased means another animal has a second chance at finding a new home.
For those who take advantage of the Early-Bird Tickets, a total of $54 000 is up for grabs for the EHS Fall Lottery! Even if you miss the Early-Bird cut off, you still have a chance at winning one or more of the remaining $42 000 cash prizes.
After each stub is drawn for all prizes, including the Early Bird prize, and the winner’s information recorded, it will be placed back into the drum for the next draw!
Here’s a break down of the total prize draws!
- 2 Early Bird Draws – valued at $6000 each
- 32 Draws for $500
- 6 Draws for $1000
- 2 Draws for $2500
- 1 Draw for $15 000
TOTAL DRAWS = 43 Chances to Win (For Early Bird Ticket Holders) / 41 For Those Who Miss The Early Bird Cut Off
The approximate odds of winning the Lotto Max jackpot are one in 33,294,800 per $5 play.
We’re not math-astronauts but when you consider the EHS Fall Lottery has:
- 43 Total Prize Draws
- Names Re-entered After Each Draw
- A maximum of only 15 000 tickets issued
Your chances at winning are guaranteed to be better than playing the regular lottery + BONUS: You’re helping EHS!
We thank you for your support!
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase by telephone, online or in person and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- All draws will take place on the property of the Edmonton Humane Society at 13620 163 St NW Edmonton Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and drawn individually in prize order from lowest value to highest value (excluding Early Bird prize, drawn first). After each stub is drawn for all prizes, including the Early Bird prize, and the winner’s information recorded, it will be placed back into the drum for the next draw.
- Board members – or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner) of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees – or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner) categorized as “Management” within the Human Resource policies of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Employees – or members of their immediate family (spouse/partner) in the Fund Development or Accounting departments of the Edmonton Humane Society are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- To be eligible for the Early Bird Draw, payment must be received on or before September 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (MST). To be eligible for all other draws, payment (including payment by cheque) must be received on or before November 18, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM (MST).
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If winners cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If the winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to AGLC to have the prize awarded to the Edmonton Humane Society.
- All ticket sales are final unless there has been an amendment to the raffle (date change or cancellation). Official tickets are sent in the mail 6 to 8 weeks after the ticket order.
- A list of winners will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The two (2) Early Bird draws for $6,000 will be drawn first on October 9, 2020. All other prizes will be drawn on November 27, 2020 beginning with the thirty-two (32) $500 prizes, then the six (6) $1,000 prizes, then the two (2) $2,500 prizes, with the $15,000 Grand Prize being drawn last.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. This shall be the first name listed. The Edmonton Humane Society and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If all tickets are sold prior to September 30, 2020 all draws will be made on October 9, 2020 with AGLC approval.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of November 18, 2020, a draw date extension will be requested from AGLC.
- Early Bird Deadline – Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- Early Bird Draw – Friday, October 9, 2020
- Final Deadline – Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- Final Draw – Friday, November 27, 2020
Early Bird: 2 @ $6,000 (October 9, 2020)
32 @ $500 (November 27, 2020)
6 @ $1,000 (November 27, 2020)
2 @ $2,500 (November 27, 2020)
Grand Prize: $15,000 (November 27, 2020)
Lottery License: #563418
REGISTERED CHARITABLE # 11923 1066 RR0001
Share Your Support On Social Media
If you’d like to show your support for the EHS fall lottery – we’ve created a couple of images you can share on your social media page to let people know you’ve purchased tickets. Be a paws-itive influence to your friends in supporting the work we do here at EHS!