HOW TO ADOPT
View Our Adoptable Animals Online & Visit Us During Operational Hours
Animals are placed on the website as soon as they are ready for adoption. New animals are added daily, so please keep checking if you do not see one who fits your family right away.
Visit Us In-Person
Our hours are: closed on Mondays, open on Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., and open Tuesdays, Thursdays to Sundays from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Submit an Adoption Request Using Your Device
Once you find an animal you are interested in, click ‘Adopt Me’ on their profile page. You will then be asked to create an Adopets account and answer some questions about you and your family, your lifestyle, and what you are looking for in a pet. This will help us make sure they’re a good match for you.
Online Applications – Phone Consultation
EHS staff will review the information you submit, then call within two business days to go through the animal’s medical and behaviour history and their lifestyle needs.
For In-Person Applications –
Please visit the EHS adoptions Desk and let our team know you’ve started your adoption requests.
Meet & Greet Appointment
After reviewing the pet’s history, we will schedule a meet-and-greet appointment for your family and potential new pet.
If all goes well, we will proceed steps 5 and 6 the same day, so be prepared to take your new pet home!
Finalizing Your Adoption
Now that you’ve decided on your new pet, we’ll review what is included with your adoption and answer any remaining questions you have.
You will then sign our adoption commitment form and pay your adoption fee. View our adoption fees and what’s included here.
Take Home Your New Pet!
It’s official! You can now start creating a lifetime of memories together with your new pet and family.
READY TO BEGIN YOUR ADOPTION?
ADOPTION FEES & WHAT’S INCLUDED
Adoption fees vary depending on the type and age of the animal. Please select the animal type below to see all pricing.
Note: an administration fee of $5 or 5% (whichever is greater) will apply to all adoption fees upon checkout.
These fees help to partially cover the cost of caring for your new pet’s stay at our shelter. The adoption fee includes:
- All cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and rabbits will be spayed/neutered
- At least one set of vaccinations for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens
- EIDAP Microchip to help your pet return home should they become lost
- All dogs will have completed a behaviour assessment
- Health check by an EHS veterinarian
- Any medical treatments or surgeries that were required while in EHS’ care
- Free exam at a local participating veterinary clinic within 10 days of adoption
- Free six-week trial of Petsecure Pet Insurance for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens
- Free ID tag at Bingo’s Pet Shop
- Discounted Dog Training for six months – receive 10% off on 6-week classes with your dog (excludes private consults and behaviour observation programs)
Plus, your new best friend = priceless!