|Attendant, Laundry & Dishes||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
|Customer Service Representative, Bingo’s Retail Store||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
|Facilitator, Corporate Groups||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
|Facilitator, Diverse Abilities||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
|Attendant, Cat Feeding||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
|Attendant, Cat Cleaning||Long-Term, Ongoing||Click Here for Details||Until suitable candidate found|
Want to be involved with EHS in a more hands on manner?
One way you can support the Edmonton Humane Society is by giving your time to the animals in our care. Our volunteer team is integral to keeping our shelter running smoothly and there are many different positions around the shelter that need your help!
Whether it is dog walking, cat cuddling, letting our resident bunnies stretch their legs, dishes, laundry, coin counting, administrative help or even cutting the grass, there is a position for almost everyone here at the Edmonton Humane Society!
Individual Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, or you wish to volunteer with a youth under 18 years of age, please continue to check the website for available roles in our Parent & Me or Youth Volunteer Programs.
- Each role has individual requirements for their minimum time commitment; please consider how much time you are willing and able to spend here at EHS before you apply to participate in one of our roles. Most roles require a minimum monthly hour requirement; however some roles may require a weekly time commitment depending on the duties of that role.
- All volunteers must bring a genuine love of animals and be an advocate for the animal welfare industry
- All volunteers must commit to and uphold the values and mission of the Edmonton Humane Society:
“To enrich the lives of people and animals in our community through the work we do.”
- Should your application be chosen to continue on to the next step of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete all required orientations, training and you may be asked to procure additional items such as a Criminal Record or Vulnerable Sector check prior to beginning to volunteer at EHS.
Please be aware that there is a fee of $10.00 + tax associated with becoming a volunteer, which covers the cost of the Volunteer T-shirt and Badge required of all active volunteers.
How to Become a Volunteer:
- Check available postings.
When the Edmonton Humane Society needs new volunteers to fill a position, the role description will be posted here on the website. The role descriptions will give you all relevant information on the position including: the minimum hour requirement, a description of duties, any required documentation such as a Vulnerable Sector Check etc.
- Fill out the application form by clicking the link at the bottom of the position description for the role for which you are interesting in applying
Please make sure all required questions are answered truthfully, clearly, and in detail. The more we know about you, the better we can help you find a great role for you around the shelter!
- Upon acceptance, you will need to complete all training required before you can begin volunteering.