STEP 4: Await Confirmation
Completed applications will be reviewed within 14 days. If approved, a member of our team will contact you to book a spay/neuter appointment for your cat or dog. If not approved you will receive a notice your application was not successful and a full refund of your payment.
Why spay and neuter your pets?
- Prevent unwanted litters and reduce pet overpopulation
- Reduces unwanted behaviours such as roaming, spraying, mounting, persistent barking or meowing
- Decreases the likelihood of fight-related injuries
- May increase life span of pet
- Reduces risks of medical problems, such as certain types of cancer
Each year, unplanned and unwanted litters create millions of homeless pets. Spaying and neutering is one of the steps we can take to get at the root of pet overpopulation, preventing unwanted litters and reducing the number of homeless pets.
Did you know?
Cats can give birth to three litters a year, with litters ranging in size from 6-12 kittens. Dogs can give birth to two or three litters a year, with litters ranging in size from 5-15 puppies depending on the size of the dog. Over five years, the impact of spaying or neutering just one cat or dog could prevent approximately 248,832 unplanned puppies or kittens in the Edmonton area .