Our hours will be adjusted for Canada Day on Saturday, July 1. Adoption Gallery Hours: 12 to 5 p.m. – Training Academy classes will be cancelled and extended by 1 week.
All general classes are 6-weeks long, for one-hour each week unless otherwise indicated.
Please note that upon registration, there are no refunds, transfers, or make-up classes for missed classes. Those who are registered will be notified in advance of any class dates adjusted.
Here’s what you need to know before your first class:
- Our classes are small and focused, with a maximum class size of 11 registered dogs and 25 people (including instructors).
- Classes allow up to two people to attend per dog.
- All classes cover basic clicker training with clickers provided.
- Remember to bring your dog’s favourite treats!
- You’ll work with trainers in our indoor 5,000 sq.ft. training facility.
- Classes will be held outdoors when weather permits, please bring appropriate outer wear.
- Dogs must have veterinary proof of current vaccinations: DHLPP and rabies. A canine cough vaccine is highly recommended. Titer tests will be accepted in place of vaccines. Puppies require a minimum of two sets of vaccines. (Puppies vaccinated by a breeder that is not a DVM will not be accepted.
ATTENTION DOG GUARDIANS:
- Dogs that have punctured another dog or human must first attend a private training session for assessment to determine if they are suitable for group training.
- Dogs that display excessive barking, growling, or lunging towards people or other dogs, while on leash must first attend a private training session to determine if they are suitable for group training. You may also sign up for our class specifically to address Leash Reactivity (101).
In-Person Puppy Socialization Sessions
General 6-Week Classes
Leash Reactivity 101
Dogs express discomfort and excitement the only way they know how, body language and vocalizations. We will work with you and your dog to build confidence and/or self-control around other dogs while on leash as well as other ways to manage reactive behaviours through positive training methods.
Canine Agility Classes
Training Courses for People
90-Minute One-on-One Consultation
Including a Customized Plan
This unique service will provide you and your family with knowledge and techniques to manage a variety of behaviour challenges such as:
|Resource guarding||Focus techniques||Dogs with fear or high anxiety|
|Barking||Crate Training||Deaf dogs|
|Recall work||Canine Good Neighbor – test preparation||Aggression towards other dogs|
All sessions are held at the Edmonton Humane Society in a private consult room and are led by one of EHS’ trainers.